- This event has passed.
The Lost Coast: Saddle Mountain Summit to Sea
June 12, 2018 @ 5:00 pm - June 16, 2018 @ 12:00 pm
Big mountain views-Majestic Wildlife-Vivid night skies
Climbing mountains is one of our passions and what better place to do it in the magic mountains of the Lost Coast. With a wide range of geologic features that have dramatically changed over time and the impressive King’s Range mountains stretching as far as the eye can see, this adventure is one of our favorites. Get ready to climb King’s Peak, the tallest and most magnificent of all the King’s Range! Don’t worry, you still get to put your toes on the sand when you finish your trip oceanside with a sense of accomplishment and wonder for our lush beauty here in Humboldt County.
- Distance: 20 miles
- Difficulty Level: 5
- Duration: **4 Days/3 Nights
- Solitude Level: 4
**These dates do not include the pre-trip meeting the day before departure
- Day One (June 12, day before hike) : 5:00 pm pre-trip meeting and gear check. Get a chance to meet your guides and enjoy a campfire with dinner.
- Day Two (June 13) : Backpack to Maple Camp
- Day Three (June 14) : Backpack to Big Flat
- Day Four (June 15) : Backpack to Gitchell Creek
- Day Five (June 16) : On our final day we will pack up, enjoy a hearty breakfast and hike to Black Sands Beach, debrief and depart
Where do we meet?
We meet at Black Sands Beach Parking lot (map). Don’t hesitate to call our office for directions!
For all overnight backpacking trips, we recommend you arrive in town a day early and make arrangements to stay at Wailaki Campground. They operate on a first come first serve basis and are $8.00 per night. This is where we will hold our pre-trip meeting, gear check, and dinner. We do not make reservations for these sites through our office, you can get more information through the BLM California office (707-986-5400).
Thank you for guiding us on an unforgettable mothers day hike!
Don’t see the hike for you? Request a custom tour here.