Backpacking the Lost Coast Trail September 17-21 2019
September 17, 2019 @ 8:00 am - September 21, 2019 @ 5:00 pm$1200
Rejuvenating Solitude-Hidden Wonders-Impressive Views
A bucket list item that you have dreamed about. Embarking upon this journey means that you will complete a full 25-mile shoreline stretch of the Lost Coast. Whether you hope to see a variety of wildlife, such as Elephant Seals, or sit and watch the stars from the bluffs, this is the trip for you. A true adventure trip because nobody knows more secret spots than our guides do.
- Activity: Backpacking
- Distance: 25 miles
- Difficulty Level: 4
- Duration: **5 Days/4 Nights
- Solitude Level: 3
*Time Control Plan (Itinerary)
Hiking Mileage- 25 miles Elevation Gain/Loss-1200
- Day One: Arrive at first pick up location at 9:00 am. Arrive at second pick up location at 11:30 am. Stop for lunch at 12:30 pm. Reach first destination for a short hike around 4:00 pm. Camp at A- W-Way campground with dinner and an introduction to the trip with your guides.
- Day Two: Depart campground for the Trailhead. Embark upon adventure and camp at Cooskie Creek for the night.
- Day Three: Backpack to Big Flat
- Day Four: Backpack to Horse Creek
- Day Five: On our final day we will pack up, enjoy a hearty breakfast and backpack to Black Sands Beach Trailhead, debrief and depart. Lunch at 11:00 am in Shelter Cove. Drive back to the pickup locations for drop off.
* Subject to change for a variety of reasons (for example, tides) but we will be as consistent as possible with the schedule above
Don’t see the hike for you? Request a custom tour here.