- This event has passed.
Backpacking the Lost Coast Trail September 17-21 2019
September 17, 2019 @ 8:00 am - September 21, 2019 @ 5:00 pm$1200
Rejuvenating Solitude-Hidden Wonders-Impressive Views
A bucket list item that you have dreamed about. Embarking upon this journey means that you will complete a full 25-mile shoreline stretch of the Lost Coast. Whether you hope to see a variety of wildlife, such as Elephant Seals, or sit and watch the stars from the bluffs, this is the trip for you. A true adventure trip because nobody knows more secret spots than our guides do.
- Activity: Backpacking
- Distance: 25 miles
- Difficulty Level: 4
- Duration: **5 Days/4 Nights
- Solitude Level: 3
*Time Control Plan (Itinerary)
Hiking Mileage- 25 miles Elevation Gain/Loss-1200
- Day One: Arrive at first pick up location at 9:00 am. Arrive at second pick up location at 11:30 am. Stop for lunch at 12:30 pm. Reach first destination for a short hike around 4:00 pm. Camp at A- W-Way campground with dinner and an introduction to the trip with your guides.
- Day Two: Depart campground for the Trailhead. Embark upon adventure and camp at Cooskie Creek for the night.
- Day Three: Backpack to Big Flat
- Day Four: Backpack to Horse Creek
- Day Five: On our final day we will pack up, enjoy a hearty breakfast and backpack to Black Sands Beach Trailhead, debrief and depart. Lunch at 11:00 am in Shelter Cove. Drive back to the pickup locations for drop off.
* Subject to change for a variety of reasons (for example, tides) but we will be as consistent as possible with the schedule above
Thank you for guiding us on an unforgettable mothers day hike!
Don’t see the hike for you? Request a custom tour here.