- This event has passed.
The Lost Coast Trail
July 30, 2018 @ 5:00 pm - August 3, 2018 @ 12:00 pm$700
Challenging Hiking. Rejuvenating Solitude. Techniques and Skills. Impressive Views
The name of this trip speaks for itself and this may be the trip you have been waiting for all along. A bucket list item that you have dreamed of. Embarking upon this journey means that you will complete a full 25-mile shoreline stretch of the Lost Coast. Whether you hope to see a variety of wildlife, such as elk or elephant seals, or sit and watch the stars from the bluffs, this is the trip for you. A true adventure trail (because nobody knows more secret spots than our guides do…)
- Distance: 25 miles
- Difficulty Level: 4
- Duration: **4 Days/3 Nights
- Solitude Level: 3
**These dates do not include the pre-trip meeting the day before departure
- Day One (July 30, day before hike) : 5:00 pm pre-trip meeting and gear check. Get a chance to meet your guides and enjoy a campfire with dinner.
- Day Two (July 31) : Meet at the parking lot at Black Sands Beach at 6:30 am. Pack up the van and depart by no later than 7:00 am. Arrive at Trailhead around 9:00 am and depart on hike around 9:15 towards Cooskie Creek.
- Day Three(August 1) : Backpack to Spanish Flat
- Day Four (August 2) : Backpack to Miller Flat
- Day Five (August 3) : On our final day we will pack up, enjoy a hearty breakfast and backpack to Black Sands Beach, debrief and depart
Where do we meet?
We meet at Black Sands Beach Parking lot (map). Don’t hesitate to call our office for directions!
For all overnight backpacking trips, we recommend you arrive in town a day early and make arrangements to stay at Wailaki Campground. They operate on a first come first serve basis and are $8.00 per night. This is where we will hold our pre-trip meeting, gear check, and dinner. We do not make reservations for these sites through our office, you can get more information through the BLM California office (707-986-5400).
Thank you for guiding us on an unforgettable mothers day hike!
Don’t see the hike for you? Request a custom tour here.