Backpacking the Lost Coast Trail: Summit to Sea August 11th-15th
August 11 @ 9:00 am - August 15 @ 5:00 pm
Big mountain views. Majestic Wildlife. Vivid night skies
Climbing mountains are one of our passions and what better place to do it in the magic mountains of the Lost Coast. With a wide range of geologic features that have dramatically changed over time and the impressive King’s Range mountains stretching as far as the eye can see, this adventure is one of our favorites. Get ready to climb King’s Peak, the tallest and most magnificent of all the King’s Range! Don’t worry, you still get to put your toes on the sand when you finish your trip oceanside with a sense of accomplishment and wonder for our lush beauty here in Humboldt County…
- Activity: Backpacking
- Distance: 25 miles
- Difficulty Level: 5
- Duration: 5 Days/4 Nights
- Solitude Level: 4
- Hiking Mileage: 25 miles.
- Elevation Gain/Loss: 1500
*Time Control Plan (Itinerary)
- Day One: Arrive at first pick up location at 9:00 am. Arrive at second pick up location at 11:30 am. Stop for lunch at 12:30 pm. Reach first destination Redwood forest at 4:00 pm. Camp at A-W-Way campground with dinner and an introduction to the trip with your guides.
- Day Two: Backpack to Maple Camp
- Day Three: Backpack to Big Flat
- Day Four: Backpack to Gitchell Creek
- Day Five: On our final day we will pack up, enjoy a hearty breakfast and hike to Black Sands Beach, debrief and depart
*Subject to change for a variety of reasons (for example: tides) but we will be as consistent as possible with the schedule above
Fantastic Mother's Day hike!
What a fantastic Day Hike we had on Mother's day. Very professional guides. We met at Black Sands Beach, Shelter Cove. We were shuttled up to the trailhead after receiving Mother's Day Flowers. We did the six-mile hike down the ridge to the beach. The guides had great energy and really knew their stuff about the wildlife, plants and trees and the history of the King Range. When we arrived at the beach we were served a hearty lunch. We watched the whales as they breached the surface of the water, their entire body flying out of the water. What an incredible experience. A true adventure... Can't wait for the overnight hike!!
Don’t see the hike for you? Request a custom tour here.