Backpacking the Lost Coast Trail: Summit to Sea August 11th-15th
August 11, 2020 @ 9:00 am - August 15, 2020 @ 5:00 pm
Big mountain views. Majestic Wildlife. Vivid night skies
Climbing mountains are one of our passions and what better place to do it in the magic mountains of the Lost Coast. With a wide range of geologic features that have dramatically changed over time and the impressive King’s Range mountains stretching as far as the eye can see, this adventure is one of our favorites. Get ready to climb King’s Peak, the tallest and most magnificent of all the King’s Range! Don’t worry, you still get to put your toes on the sand when you finish your trip oceanside with a sense of accomplishment and wonder for our lush beauty here in Humboldt County…
- Activity: Backpacking
- Distance: 25 miles
- Difficulty Level: 5
- Duration: 5 Days/4 Nights
- Solitude Level: 4
- Hiking Mileage: 25 miles.
- Elevation Gain/Loss: 1500
*Time Control Plan (Itinerary)
- Day One: Arrive at first pick up location at 9:00 am. Arrive at second pick up location at 11:30 am. Stop for lunch at 12:30 pm. Reach first destination Redwood forest at 4:00 pm. Camp at A-W-Way campground with dinner and an introduction to the trip with your guides.
- Day Two: Backpack to Maple Camp
- Day Three: Backpack to Big Flat
- Day Four: Backpack to Gitchell Creek
- Day Five: On our final day we will pack up, enjoy a hearty breakfast and hike to Black Sands Beach, debrief and depart
*Subject to change for a variety of reasons (for example: tides) but we will be as consistent as possible with the schedule above
Thank you for guiding us on an unforgettable mothers day hike!
Don’t see the hike for you? Request a custom tour here.